CENTRAL BAG BUILDING
1323 WEST 13TH STREET
Originally built in 1898 for the Parlin and Orendorff Company, a manufacturer of plows and other agricultural equipment, this 6-story masonry building was occupied for many years by the Central Bag Company. In recent years the ground level space has operated as a retail store.
The interior of the building has been sand-blasted, revealing its beautiful brick and timber structure. Key architectural elements include a centrally recessed entrance, large bay windows on the 2nd floor and excellent fenestration on all floors, as well as a beautiful cornice above the 6th floor. The original 2nd floor offices are loaded with beautiful woodwork and other decorative features.